So we may or may not be more than two weeks into 2018 already and I may or may not have been so damn busy with everything life (AKA procrastinating my uni work and watching Jane the Virgin) to write or even think about writing a blog post. But I was absolutely determined (ish) to get this particular one written and published, mainly for my own sake to look back on and reminisce and whatnot.
I hope you (whoever reading this) have had a brilliant 2017 and a fantastic start to 2018, and I know these few weeks are supposed to be like super depressing and gloomy than all the other months in the year or something, so we could all use a bit of cheering up. And what better way to cheer up than by looking back at all the cool sh*t I did last year, even though some things definitely did not go to plan.
So here goes nothing, here’s 50 things I did in the year 2017…
- Took the plunge and bought my first iPhone
- Started a bullet journal (again)
- Stopped smoking (again)
- Threw a surprise fancy dress birthday party for my mum!
- Went on nights out…. a lot
- Saw All Time Low live (again)
- Went to London with Connor
- Saw The Maine live
- Went to a Cat Cafe
- Won “Legend of the Month” at work
- Went on a tiny road trip all on my own to a new place
- Saw You Me at Six and Tonight Alive live
- Went to my first ever blogger event
- Spent way too much money on holidays I never actually went on
- Went to West Bay, Exeter, Torquay and Lyme Regis on a tiny holiday with my bestie
- Went to Durdle Door
- Visited my grandparents
- Quit my job
- Was unemployed… and it sucked
- Worked in LUSH (again)
- Worked in Next
- Saved over £1000!
- Then spent it all…
- Visited an absolute angel Sam
- Started a YouTube (Booktube) channel!!! Finally!!
- Started working at Primark (again)
- Started university!!!
- Went to Freshers
- Took part in a Rainbow Run
- Met two members of You Me at Six! (while horrifically ill in a club)
- Made new friends ❤
- Read 57 books!!!! wtf??
- Went to the Christmas market in Bath (while staying in a hotel a county away)
- Booked a trip to Amsterdam!
- Had Christmas dinner not at home
- Decorated my room
- Posted content for BFRB week
- Went for help with my Trich!
- Went to the cinema a lot!
- Had our six year anniversary
- Got 70% (a first!) on my uni assignment!
- Interviewed my own grandparents for a uni assignment
- Been driving for a year
- Almost bought a new car
- Bought a Macbook (AKA dream life goal)
- Went with my best friend to get her first tattoo
- Spent two weeks home alone looking after myself… and DIDN’T die (result)
- Voted in my first ever general election
- Cried at my favourite band’s new album (and so much more good music this year)
- Went to a trampoline park!
And there you go! I won’t bore you with a (boring) outro to this post, but I am extremely happy with how my 2017 went and while I know it was a tough year for many, for me it really was a year of growth and change and I’m really proud of myself for that!
Here’s to an even better 2018, happy new year you guys.
‘Til next time,