So over the past few weeks I’ve had a few nominations for these blogger-tag-whatsits. So, rather than clog up all of your news feeds and readers and what-have-you, I’m gonna shove some in one post, and to avoid too much confusion, I’m going to nominate around 10 people for both tags, and you guys can choose which one you do, if any! It’s completely up to you! But, for now, here are my tag answers… You know, if you wanted to know…
The Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them and include a link to your post.
So, first of all, a big thank you to Sophie Samantha for my nomination! It’s so cool to be tagged by other bloggers that I didn’t even know knew my name and to be able to make new connections and friends through stuff like this!
How My Blog Started…
Many probably don’t know this, but jessicagallen.com used to be called The Writer, Unblocked. If you know that name then you are an OG reader and I salute you, cause it was dark times.
I started The Writer, Unblocked as a way to share my thoughts and feelings and blah blah blah. Also as a place to put little bits of writing that weren’t fiction (even though there are some pieces of fiction on here still and if you can find them then you can have a gold star) and didn’t fit in with my Tumblr blog at the time.
After a while I started to get more into reading and watching beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers and thought, ‘Yeah, I want a piece of that action’, so that’s where Jessica G Allen came from, as my way to break my way into this cool blogging world I’d seen on YouTube and Twitter.
Advice to New Bloggers…
- Don’t lose your voice. Don’t let your funny side be drowned out by wanting to blog about serious topics, beauty or fashion, because those industries really need unique voices. There are so many bloggers and vloggers out there who sound exactly the same, and it’s important that your humour and personality come out in your writing.
- You don’t have to fit into one category. If you’re into beauty, that’s great! But if you also really want to talk about… I don’t know… horse riding, then that’s cool too! I bet the horse-riding community really needs more bloggers! Don’t limit yourself to one subject because of your “personal brand”. Your personal brand is supposed to be personal. Make it so.
And now, the next tag…
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know they’ve been nominated
I was nominated by the awesome Loubee Lou Blogs, thanks Lou!
- Before I was a ‘blogger’, I was a Tumblr Girl. For about 4 years (and still to this day tbh). And yes, I was annoying and depressive and irritating. And yes, I was in fandoms. And yes, I wrote fanfic. Don’t ask.
- I’ve never had a hangover (so far)
- I hate clubbing. Give me a pub disco any day, but put me in a club and watch my mood get worse and worse until we leave
- I’m a Pisces, and a Hufflepuff. And I take these two things very seriously.
- I’ve been in my current relationship for over five years. Since we were 13.
- My favourite bands are all in the pop-punk category (Paramore, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low and The Maine), but I’ll honestly listen to anything.
- Linking to this, I saw JLS in their last ever performance before the break up… I know
- I’m great with words, but give me something visual and I’ll have no bloody clue what I’m doing. Can’t draw, can’t design, can’t do anything where patience and an eye for detail is important.
- I got straight A’s in my GCSEs, apart from in Art. That tells you a lot, huh?
- I’d love to start a YouTube channel, but I’m simultaneously too scared, and can’t be bothered
- I have one tattoo currently, and am currently obsessed with thinking about my next one.
My 11 Questions…
Your 11 Questions…
- What food do you fancy right now?
- What’s your favourite fashion item atm?
- What genres does your blog fall into?
- How do you organise yourself? Planner? Diary? Phone calendar?
- What’s your favourite social network and why?
- What Hogwarts house are you in?
- Who is your favourite YouTuber?
- Who was your last text with?
- Your favourite subject to blog about?
- If you could beany mythical creature, what would you be?
- What is your favourite book?
Thanks for the nominations, Sophie and Lou, and good luck to all those who I’ve tagged! See you on Saturday for another post!
Loved reading your post!! 😊💗
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you lovely! Thank you for the tag! Haha
LikeLiked by 1 person